GHF lends a helping hand in the 2012 bushfires
The bushfires that swept the region in late 2012 caused much devastation. Many people suffered, and cattle were left without vegetation to graze on. Wildlife was affected and trees were decimated. Gulf Horizon was there to:
- Coordinate relief efforts
- Accept donations from the public, government and corporate.
- In conjunction with Bendigo Bank, establish a Relief Fund for distribution of donations.
- Distribute donations.
- Negotiate agreements with cattle feed suppliers
- And acted as helpmate to the community
Gulf Horizons Foundation is ready to help the Gulf community whenever the needs arise.